This coming week I’m traveling to Virginia for acting purposes. Not only am I crazy excited and scared, but I’m also nervous for the big learning experience that comes with traveling by yourself and taking that leap into adulthood. I’ve always wanted to travel alone around the world, but financially I’m not ready and mentally I have never been ready (though to be honest with you, nobody’s ready for anything until you actually do it.)
I think one of the main thing’s that’s stopped me is fear, I’ve been very afraid to just travel in general, specially by myself. I get scared about getting lost, of meeting a creepy man and finding myself being chased by a Ted Bundy handsome killer. Money has been a huge fear, WHAT IF SOMETHING HAPPENS WHERE I LOSE ALL OF MY MONEY! “What if…What if? WHAT IF!” my brain just kept going directly to the negative thoughts immediately. (side-note: why do we do that to ourselves? when we try to decide something… we almost always think of what could go wrong instead of what could go right?)
This is literally the first thing I did (A WEEK BEFORE):
- Once I got my call-sheet, which tells me the location of the shoot and the time. I found a hotel that could be at least walking distance. (though the cheapest was a lot better so I’ll be taking transportation to the location)
- I searched for the most affordable bus-tickets (BUT: before purchasing them, I found out my drop-off location to see if it was close to my hotel.)
- I bought my bus tickets – EXCITING.
- I wrote everything down in a book, from the time I’m waking up to the time I will get to the station to the time I’ll board the bus to go to Virginia.
- I made sure I was good to go at work – because I’m not getting the big money bucks for acting purposes YET.
- I printed my bus tickets and my hotel information and saved it in the same booklet where I wrote the exact information down – better to be prepared right?
Gosh, there are so many things I feel from this first trip alone, beginning with how happy I am to have kept at it with my acting career, If I would have just stopped, none of this would even be happening; would I even be the same person? I highly doubt it. second, I’m so excited to be making this my very first trip alone, for three days without my parents or any friends whatsoever, even though it’s not somewhere across the world (yet), a small step is better than no step at all. I feel like from this experience, a part of me is growing yet I am not sure in what way; I am not sure if I am becoming a little bit more of an adult or if it’s just travel jitters that I am getting.
I plan on hopefully touring the place where I’ll be filming for blogging purposes and try out typical foods from there, though maybe they might all be American, I’m sure there is something in each city they’re proud to call their own. They have really famous/artistic museums where I’ll be staying and I hope I can get into one of them before closing time! Anyway I have a lot planned I wouldn’t want to spoil all the fun before I actually depart.
Thank you for reading!
I’m an actress in pursuit of happiness and finding my truth. Through my writing I am able to release my thinking without being judged or having the need to impress people in this crazy world we’re living in. I hope that through my experience I inspire you to find your truth and version of happiness.